Nothing against normal Lemsip! But this herbal tea is a cosy, tasty alternative treatment for cold and flu season.
Meadowsweet is a member of the rose family that grows in damp areas and has anti inflammatory properties.
Things you need:
- Something to make loose leaf tea in - a tea pot, strainer or cafetiere
- About a tea spoon of dried meadowsweet
- Lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon
- Boil your water and add the dried herbs to your pot
- Pour the hot water over the herbs and leave it to steep for a few minutes
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, a squirt of honey, a sprinkling of cinnamon to a cup (you can add more to taste later, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to figure out how you like it)
- When the herbs have infused into the water, pour it into the mug
Making time for brewing and then drinking the tea can also be a beautiful little moment for a nourishing ritual, especially if you are feeling under the weather. Anything can be a ritual if you go about it with that intention - it’s simply about bringing your awareness to the moment, feeling the magic that is there…