A Year of Wild Wisdom
A guided adventure through the seasons
Hosted by artist Sam Goodlet (Samdrawsthings), drawing on her background in environmental education and her deep LOVE of seasonal magic, this is a package of courses to guide you through the entire year.
Each new moon, we start a month of journeying with new mascots from the natural world.
The animal familiars and plants we work with are mostly from the European wild wood, and have come forward to share their wisdom and messages for navigating the seasons with you, through Sam’s interpretation.
Sam created the programme live over the course of a year, meeting wise plants and animals and capturing their particular wisdom connected to navigating the unique challenges of each season.
Our wild guides can help us to remember the things we have forgotten; for we we are animals too.
We are not the same all year. The seasons affect us and we can learn how to move WITH the shifting energies rather than being bowled over by them!
The package includes:
- Lifetime access to the whole year's content, so you can join at any point in the year and start learning and growing immediately
- Inspirational videos from Sam for each month, sharing stories from our animal familiars and plant guides, inviting you to set intentions linked to the shifting seasons
- Beautiful, printable eBooks with all the course information, photos, illustrations, ideas for new moon intentions, crafts, journal prompts and extra goodies
- Meditations and visualisations to listen to and journey to the wilds with Sam's voice and gentle music guiding you
- Tips, ideas and rituals for the eight Sabbat celebrations in the Wheel of the Year
- Access to The Cocoon - An exclusive cosy Facebook group for members to connect and chat about the growth and experiences we are calling in, and receive extra support from Sam
- Online chats with special guests, bringing you extra ideas and inspiration
- Creative magical drawings from Sam Draws Things to evoke the seasonal changes and share her magic and spirit with you, including colouring pages for each moon - perfect for printing and sticking into your grimoire!
- Inspiration and calls for your own creative practice, whether it's drawing, photography, poetry, knitting, yarn dyeing... whatever you love to do or wish to try!
Connect more deeply with the shifting seasons, and the healing wisdom of nature.
This profound, sweet, and nurturing programme is designed to help you reconnect to your own innate wild wisdom, as you meet beautiful wild friends and they help you to remember who you are and where you came from.
The modules we move through are:
🌱 Unfurl: a spring awakening
Three months of gentle magic, deepening your connection both with the natural world and your own inner world as we transition out of winter and into spring and the first glimpses of summer.
A period of learning, growing and noticing as the world wakes up, the bird song begins and blossoms sprout from the bare branches of the cherry trees... What can we learn from the plants and creatures that appear at this time of awakening and growth...? How does that reflect our own inner processes?
- Month 1: Begins on the March New Moon, journeying with Long Tailed Tit, Cherry Blossom and Brown Hare
- Month 2: Begins on the April New Moon and we’re journeying with Newt, Water Mint and Egg
- Month 3: Begins on the May New Moon, with Roe Deer and Bluebell
🦋 Take wing: a summer of magic
Three months of fiery magic, as we transition out of spring and into the depths of summer.
Swifts and swallows fly. Butterflies flit from flower to flower. The woods are green and vibrant... What can we learn from the plants and creatures that appear at this time of heat and plenty...?
- Month 1: Begins on the June new moon with Swallow, Nettle and Rose
- Month 2: Begins on the July new moon with Red Fox and Lavender
- Month 3: Begins on the August new moon, with Barn Owl and Honey Bee
🐿 The HiberNation: an autumn and winter of personal growth
We are calling in the wisdom of creatures who know how to make the most of this time period and can show us how to move through autumn and winter with more ease and grace, emerging out of our cosy nation renewed as the world wakes up. Our animal guides will be:
- Month 1: Begins on the September new moon, with Squirrel
- Month 2: Begins on the October new moon, meeting Badger
- Month 3: Begins on the November new moon, journeying with Hedgehog
- Month 4: Begins on the December new moon, journeying with Bear
- Month 5: Begins on the January new moon, travelling with Dormouse
- Month 6: Begins on the February new moon, meeting Moth
You can join at any point in the year, and gain instant access to all the course materials.
Travel magically through the year, meeting creatures and plants with wisdom to share from the wild world, meeting new parts of yourself as you go.
A note about our vibe and inclusivity:
The course and the Cocoon Facebook group welcome all humans of all genders. We will be talking a bit about tuning into natural cycles and the seasons, but that won’t be from the point of view of a specific type of human biology or hormonal set up 🙂 (Our programme would sit nicely alongside this practice and we can signpost you to other spaces which offer it).
We will be taking inspiration from the neo-pagan wheel of the year, as a handy tool for connecting with the seasons and bringing ritual back into our lives. But you don’t have to be a pagan to join in - the programme will be accessible for other cultural viewpoints, religions, or spirituality.
Our programme is simply open to anyone who feels the call.
Connect more deeply with the seasons.
Learn from wild animals and magical plants.
Remember that you are a wild being too.
Join us for a Year of Wild Wisdom.
Here's a video with Sam introducing the programme.