Day 32. Ascending to Imbolc. Reflecting on a whole year of magic
2021 was a lot of things. When I try and look back, it doesn’t really feel possible to sum it up… a mix of beautiful things, hard moments, laughing, crying, grace and grief…
And one of the things that has helped me through is also one of my biggest ever creations: working with the moon and a new creature guide/guides each month and then turning that process into a magical online course so you can journey this way too.
Here’s what I’ve learnt from moving through the year like this:
- Working with the cycles of the moon gives me a great sense of peace and connection.
- There’s something markedly different about a lunar month vs a calendar month: new moon is a new beginning that I can watch and feel.
- Tuning into the shifting seasons more deeply, even when there are seasons I find more challenging, is amazing for mental health and seasonal affective disorder.
- Allowing, slowing, noticing, learning…remembering that I am an animal and I’m not meant to be the same all year is PROFOUND.
- Tuning into other creatures eases loneliness, helps find creative new ways to work through challenges, and just brings me so much joy.
- I’m not Wiccan, I’m very loosely pagan, but The Wheel of the Year is a really helpful tool for moving through and celebrating the turning of the seasons, whatever your personal spirituality or practice.
- Tuning into wonder, magic and enchantment is the best form of self care I have ever found. It’s impossible to feel awe and despair at the same time.